Staff at the Department of Public Instruction's Division for Libraries and Technology (DLT) welcome you to our Webpage. We are here to serve the life-long learning and information needs of all Wisconsin citizens from preschoolers to senior citizens.
Listed on the left are some key programs of the division. Division teams and service areas are listed below. We look forward to serving you. Please let us know if you have any comments or suggestions.
Assistant State Superintendent
Division for Libraries and Technology
Telephone: (608) 266-2205
Information Technology Team
The Information Technology Team is committed to streamlining data collections, using data that is collected once for the multiple purposes for which it was intended, developing cost effective applications, and the presentation of information that serves, students, parents, school district staff, and teachers.
- The Application Development Team provides centralized professional automated information system planning, development, and implementation; empower department staff to query, report and analyze department data; and ensure effective use of technology
- The Data Management and Reporting Team is a combined effort of the department's Professional Library and the Center for Education Statistics. These two groups provide information services to the department, Wisconsin schools, and interested citizens of the state.
- The Technical Services Team provides local and wide area network technology and technical support to all DPI staff in a reliable, efficient, and user-friendly manner that supports DPI's mission to provide efficient and equitable services to all schools and libraries in the State of Wisconsin.
- The overarching goal of the Data Warehouse and Reporting Team is to provide tools to facilitate data-driven decision-making for school and district improvement and to assist educators looking to raise individual student achievement and close achievement gaps
The Instructional Media and Technology Team provides leadership, service, and advocacy for equitable access to and effective use of information, resources, and instructional technology in Wisconsin PK-12 schools to ensure successful lifelong learning.
The Public Library Development Team provides leadership, advocacy, expert assistance, planning, coordination, and funding for the improvement of library systems and public libraries so that Wisconsin residents will have convenient and equitable access to knowledge and information resources.
The Resources for Libraries and Lifelong Learning Team (RL&LL) engages in statewide planning, coordination, and provision of services to assure that Wisconsin residents have equitable access to the collective knowledge and information resources in the state's libraries.
- BadgerLink is a project of the division to provide increased access to information resources for Wisconsin residents in cooperation with the state's libraries. It includes links to the full-text of over 5,000 periodicals and other information resources.
- WISCAT is a resource sharing tool that can be used by Wisconsin libraries of all types and sizes to locate materials for interlibrary loan, as well as a cost effective method by which libraries can convert their collections to the MARC bibliographic standard for use as the basis of local automation projects.
WI DPI, Division for Libraries and Technology
(608-266-6439, fax 608-266-8770)